Green Education in a Green Country

27.9.06

Toilet gripe

Scotland may be more socially advanced than America (arguably, anyway), but when it comes to public "toilets", America has the right idea (or maybe Scotland just has the wrong idea).

Things that are wrong with Scottish toilets:
1. Inevitably the stall door opens in such a way that you have to either a) step into the toilet itself, or b) be a gymnast, in order to get into the stall.
2. Weak flushing mechanism. As a general rule, the toilet will half-heartedly flush, disposing of about half of your waste. You then have the options of leaving it like that and having the next person think you're disgusting; or waiting approximately 2 minutes for the toilet to regain its ability to flush, and try again.

Gripes about my bathroom in particular:
1. My flat has a huge bathtub. You could swim in it. It is for this reason that I do not understand why they felt the need to put the shower curtain narrowly surrounding the shower head, so that you are pressed up against it while you shower.
2. All the sinks in my flat have separate cold and hot water faucets. You are not allowed to have warm water, apparently. Besides which, my hot water faucet only spits out cold water anyway.

Okay, enough griping. I just felt the need to get that out of my system (pardon the bathroom pun).

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Mairead said...

Ha ha, you cracked me up. Sounds like you are having a blast!
Mairead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home