Green Education in a Green Country

6.9.06

I've arrived...

...and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I think I managed to avoid jet lag, but it really is hard being alone in a new city. To start with, the airline lost half my luggage (and ripped the shoulder strap off my 63 lb enormous duffel bag of clothes...that made lugging it up 3 flights of stairs fun), but to be fair they found it and delivered it this morning. Its going to take a minimum of 3 weeks to get a bank account set up (as I was informed at the bank this morning), and I really couldn't understand what the guy was saying when I called the phone company to get a phone line activated. So who know what will happen there. I haven't even started to try to get internet hooked up.

But besides my bewildered ignorance when it comes to all the mundane details of living in the UK, things are going well. The flat, at least, is nice -- as is the landlord. The city is beautiful so far (though I haven't really gotten out and explored yet). And the tap water tastes better than most bottled waters!

Now I'm off to buy a stapler...so that I can attach a form to my bank account application...so that I can wait 3 weeks.

I'll try to do some exploring in the next couple of days, and then I'll be posting pictures! (well, probably once I have internet. So, maybe in 6-8 weeks).

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home